Monday, September 8, 2014

Merry Sunshine Merry SONshine

Good morning, merry sunshine, How did you wake so soon?
You chased away the little stars, And shone away the moon!
I saw you go to sleep last night, Before I ceased my play,
How did you get back overhead, To shine on me today?

I did not go to sleep, dear child, I just went round to see
The little children of the world, Who wait and watch for me.
I shine upon the little birds, And flowers on my way,
And then I come back overhead, To shine on you today.
                                                                                                            Nursery Rhyme

Imagine this chorus as you talking to Jesus, in prayer. The Lord is your merry sunshine. Imagine Jesus responding to you, telling you that God does not sleep. Imagine God assuring you that He is Most High and He never ever disappears from you. The Lord is always within easy reach. The Lord is forever awake. Whenever you may think Jesus is not present, remember God is watching over each of His children, in different ways. While we sleep He is our slumber. While others are awake He is our daylight. 
Our all-encompassing God is eternally on duty. You see, my friend, Jesus is that sunshine which brightens any darkness out of your world—life. A constant bright flame. Illuminating our lives, day in and day out. That is Jesus Christ. Hallelujah. Jesus Christ illumines every day you walk with Him.
This morning, allow the perfect radiance of The Son into your space. Embrace His encompassing warmth. Allow the soft invigorating glow of the radiance of Jesus to overpower you. You and I have no way of knowing what this day has in store. The Lord does; Jesus knows how every second will unfold in your life today. I have committed my day and my way to the Keeper, my merry SONshine. Please do likewise—commit your way and day to Jesus. If you hadn’t thought to do that yet, do it right this minute. Jesus Christ is a merry sunshine. Let the Lord keep your spirits bright, calm, warm, and peaceful throughout today. Read a passage of God’s Word. May it simmer in your soul. God is so good He will point you to a Scripture tailored to you. Get your Devotion to Jesus going. My friend, invite the uplifting presence of God the Holy Spirit.
Recharge the child in you by singing this nursery rhyme. Jesus says in The Bible, “…Unless you become like little children….” (Matthew 18:3).

Blessings and peace,
Servant Hortense Grimes
Be encouraged, motivated, and inspired.  Visit www.doitforchrist.org

No comments:

Post a Comment