Thursday, January 8, 2015

Today It's Personal

Fourteen years ago in the early entry of this date, January 8, my father, Mr. Henry D. Grimes of Maryland County, Liberia West Africa (affectionately called "Deddeh" by his children) departed this life. About two months before his 64th birthday. The hole in my heart has not healed completely; I am his oldest child. I proudly bear his initials, HDG. He called me "My Ma." I miss him. But I'm happy that he is with Jesus. This I know for sure, because he had salvation. What better company to keep than in the presence of Almighty God. 
Yet, today January 8 is a day of joy for us, his offspring! Deddeh left us Toga. The only son of the six remaining children my parents' marriage produced. The best brother a girl and woman could have. The most exceptional son a mother could be blessed with. And to his own son a gem of a father. Today is my brother, Hector Toga Grimes, birthday! I praise The Lord for Toga. 
Togee, may your life soar! May everyday be a holiday in your world! May you receive back love so strong it'll run you over with lasting laughter.  -  Joyfully, Sistr Diya

Hortense Grimes

No comments:

Post a Comment