Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Homage to my Homeland...

My divine assignment from Jesus Christ is to proclaim the Word of God, and speak to hurting people—specifically, people on the continent of Africa. I live to do it for Christ. Shortly after the miraculous divine encounter that was my call to ministry, The Lord Jesus gave me the vision of Do It For Christ Ministries: To build Spiritual Rehabilitation Campuses in the four corners of Africa. Kindly visit the website to know the blueprint of this huge assignment. Learn about the VISION and read our TOUR MESSAGE.
The West African in me makes a point to review Africa’s headlines, news, and events every day. My heart lives in two continents—America and Africa. I keep abreast of happenings in my birth country, Liberia, as well as neighboring nations. Yes, Africa, too, is on God’s mind. Africa is in the Lord’s heart. Africa is a part of Christ’s agenda. Yes! There is hope for Africa. Africa can and will rise above its problems. Being an African means to remain hopeful. That is all most Africans have from day to day. Hope. All Africans must dream big for our continent. It’s about preserving our heritage. I, too, have my personal big dreams for Africa. I am glad when leaders do good things for Africa. It makes my heart swell whenever a “first” happens in any African nation.

WRITTEN Wednesday, April 1st 2015
If I may stray a bit today from observing Holy Week. And say my small piece in African politics. Great leaders are not made. Great leaders are borne endowed with tendencies which define greatness. Greatness is often fully revealed only when legacy is unveiled. Legacy defines great leaders. African leaders who touch their peoples lives are usually unrecognized until much-much later, when comparisons are made between “lives touched” and “no touched” lives. Great leaders lead by greatness of character. Humility is not a great strength of most African leaders. So, for my part, humility shown by an African leader is a great godly legacy bestowed on the Continent. Graciousness by an African leader in the face of defeat is a great service rendered the Continent. Such leaders are Institutes within themselves. Mr. Outgoing President of Nigeria, congratulations on the example you have set. Africa will remember you with high regard. 
To love the people you lead way more than your love for self-ambition, defines great strength. Those names missing from this, my short list, thank you. Goodluck E. Jonathan, thank you. Charles Gyude Bryant, thank you. William R. Tolbert, Jr., thank you. Jerry J. Rawlings, thank you. Iconic Nelson Mandela, thank you.
Should your name appear on the list above The Honorable Mr. President, in my capacity as Servant of the living God and anointed by Jesus Christ, I am asking YOU to establish yourself as an Institution. Train and coach young aspiring African leaders—New breed of leaders who will lift and carry the Continent into the new Africa which is emerging. Sir, you have held the Highest Office in your lands. Gather others like you, and together begin. You all do not have the luxury of fading away. You could never be oblivious to Africa’s future. Mr. Former President, you do not have the right to decline Continent mentorship. Africa needs you. There are lessons you must teach the upcoming generations. Make it so that many would sit at your feet and learn. Africa needs you of such caliber. Now. While the world tarry before Christ return. Before we no longer need this world.

Ms. Hortense Duarma Grimes
Founder, Do It For Christ Int’l. Ministries
www.doitforchrist.org
Dream Bearer & Carrier, SOLACE AFRICA GLOBAL
Chief Creative Executive, Hortense Grimes Inspiration Media

No comments:

Post a Comment