Wednesday, June 3, 2020

If There Was a Guarantee

Throughout my life, grossly imperfect as I am I’ve always been capable of finding the right words to soothe another person’s pain. Astonishingly, when it comes to my own life it would seem God has a way of wrapping my tongue with just the right sentiment I can express to myself causing my own pain to subside while shifting the hurt onto Him. I have learned to turn my scars over to Jesus when He’s applied balm to the festering sores. When the Lord called and anointed me to ministry and forming of Do It For Christ, one of the commands that night was: “… speak to the hurting people… .” In my book, “She Shall Stand” I endeavor to present a memoir-testimony which includes a recount of the Divine incidents of that miraculous night. The night Jesus Christ paid a visit to my Bowie Maryland address and permitted me to stand in the face of Christ the Savior of the world. Dare I say here, the same Redeemer who on Calvary had paid in full my sin debt long ago paid me a visit to liberate me from the core brokenness that life’s cyclic pattern of trials, troubles, heartaches, disappointments, pain and anguish had sealed myself in. My Friend. Believe me when I say Christ love for you knows no boundaries. Allow me to share this excerpt from Chapter I.

“Recognizing my sinfulness and nothingness before the creator of mankind; acknowledging my feeble, frail unworthiness before God, I cried out bitterly to the Lord. Of course, I was by no means a closet Christian. I have always been open about my relationship with the Lord and my faith in Him. I just did not think I was ready or able to speak openly about the depth of that faith. I wrestled in my flesh. I tried to bargain and explain that I was not able. I pleaded with Jesus and promised that I would serve quietly, but fiercely. I begged him and cried, “It’s hard Lord; I love you Jesus but I am afraid to be out there like that.” Having already endured more than my fair share of trials, I was afraid accepting the charge would invite persecutions than I dared imagine. If I could have my way would I provoke more trials? Wouldn’t I want a break from the never ending cycle of troubles? But was there a guarantee trials would cease. The Lord was merciful, patient and loving. But He was firm. Jesus let me know that was His plan for me. The Lord’s mandate was that I share a message of self-rehabilitation and renewal in Jesus Christ; motivate a hurting people about the power of prayer, the Word of God and guidance by the Holy Spirit. Dare I say “no” to Christ? Not by any chance. Not when my very life and essence are in His hands. He controls my breath and my days. My purpose for being created is to glorify Him. If I could help to sing His praise, dare I let the rocks cry out instead? Oh merciful Jesus, forgive the folly of my temporary lapse! How could He love me so much? I am unworthy!” - Grimes, Hortense Duarma. She Shall Stand. Createspace 2010. *

My Friend. If there is one thing that assuredly can get you out of that place you find yourself today, whatever you are, whatever the stage of arrest in life you may be, no matter your plight, it would be the undying love of a gigantic, merciful, just, and gracious God. It is found in the acceptance of the “suffered and bled and died and rose again” love of Jesus Christ. The article below is a transcription from an audio collection of monologues expressing my heart for my African people. Whenever I am engrossed in thought, usually late at night, about the neglect and the sickening abject poverty, injustices and gross inequities, and consistent lack of basic human needs which frequently reduce my people of their dignity and crush their hopes, I resort to speaking my thoughts into the recorder. Those words many times become the bone of manuscripts for future publishing. JESUS. Knowing the love of Christ gives one hope. May this bring some peace to you and calm your nerves in some small way. I love you with a sisterly love. 




SILENCE OF THE NIGHT **
What are you thinking about tonight? For some of you the challenges are ever present. Were you able to handle those things without much difficulty? Were you motivated to continue doing your best? Were you challenged enough to keep being upbeat? Are you looking forward to the many chances God will send? Are you optimistic that better opportunities are coming your way? Are you discouraged because the day seemed like a failure? My friend, know that there’s always tomorrow. Things will look better in the morning. I know tomorrow is not promised. But mercifully, God will grant you a tomorrow. Ask Jesus.
I often think about the people in Liberia. I think of the changes that time has brought to this nation of beautiful people. I think of things the way it used to be. I think of a somehow miraculous return to the innocence and joy of yester years? I long for a better day for all Liberians. I always think of my Liberian people. I think about how you face night after night. I think of the darkness. I think about the heat and the discomfort. I think of how people are coping with being surrounded by pitch dark. I think of the psychological impact darkness has on the human spirit. I pray for better days for all my Liberian people. For people everywhere. All of us.
Not much good comes out of darkness. Sometimes when you’re in the dark all you can do is wait for light to show. I can’t help but wonder if that’s what you do at night? Waiting for that imaginary flicker of light. I think of how you cope with the heat. So much heat. Between the darkness and the heat it must be daunting. It is so hot. A lot of people have no lights. Obviously there’s no fan. No air conditioner. Sometimes it’s so hot the fan blows heat instead. Maybe your fan isn’t doing a good job. For some people they’re sleeping on the floors. Looking at the wall or facing up at the ceiling. Some people slapping mosquitoes all night long!
When you are laying down on the floor one tend to look upward into the ceiling. I know, because I’ve slept on floors, myself, at different times. I was in a new country with no place of my own. No money to afford anything yet. I was happy to be on somebody’s floor. When the lights were off, before I would fall asleep, I lay gazing into the ceiling. Dreaming of the day I would get up from there. All I had was hope. In the stillness of those nights I clung to faith and held onto hope. I had a whole lot of hope. And tomorrow did come for me. One day I got off the floor. So will you. In the meantime, keep your mind free to hope. Hold on to hope. Don’t lose hope. 
God says in His Word, Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for you, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.”  Go to sleep at night. God is watching over you. Jesus has his eyes over you. He’s watching. The Lord is watching. Rest easy!
The cares of the world. Worries. Frustrations. Anxieties. All of those things keep you up at night. When you trust the Lord you should be able to go to bed at night peacefully and sleep. I pray that something I can say tonight would bring you relief. That this message will calm your nerves. Are you wondering if your tomorrow would come? Are you tired dreaming? Do you let the night drift off with no pleasant thoughts of better times? Are you afraid there might never be a better day? Are you not excited about tomorrow because it appears there’s not much to look forward to? Do you think you’ve seen your best days? Do you think where you are tonight is all there is for you.
My friend, do not doubt that your tomorrow is coming. Tomorrow will be better. Believe in your heart that life would improve for you. Cleanse your thoughts. Ask the Lord to grant you another day. As long as you see tomorrow life will present new possibilities. Brand new opportunities! You would have another chance to write a new chapter for your life. You would have another chance to restructure your life. Rewrite your story for yourself. You would have another chance to have new ideas. You will begin to dream again. You would see the future through your dreams. And you would accomplish those dreams. By the grace of God you will!
In that dark place where you are—that dark place where you cannot seem to leave today, tomorrow or yesterday—you just can’t seem to leave that dark place behind. Jesus Have Mercy! Shine a light of hope on yourself. Hold on to faith. The answer comes in prayer. Don’t give up praying. Do not give up on God. The Lord will not give up on you. Do not give up on Jesus. Just when you think He has forgotten you. God will show up and blow your mind. If you keep your mind focused on Jesus you will see through the darkness. Say prayers before getting to bed? Put your spirits at rest. Present the uncertainties of your life to the Lord.  My friend in the stillness of the night, God is listening. The Lord is alert. The Lord is awake. God is wide awake. The Lord wants to hear from you. He is waiting to hear from you. Jesus will miss you if you do not call him. Of all the billions of people in the universe it is you God wants to hear from. Give it a try. Pray. Reach the Lord. Ask Him to send hope. Ask him to send strength for you.  In that dark room where you find yourself ask Jesus for strength and courage.
I want you to be strong. Don’t give up. People give up so easily nowadays. Do not be one of those people who give up easily. If you hold on long enough you would see your change. Be strong. Be brave. Be courageous. Be determined. Do not lose hope. Never lose hope. Build your courage. There is always another chance. What did not happen for you today—what has not happened yet—by the grace of God will happen tomorrow. Call upon the Lord from that dark place. In the darkness of your night there is Jesus. Call upon the Creator who can speak light into any darkness. Call upon Almighty God out of the darkness of your soul. Reconnect with the Lord your Savior. Make contact with the Heavenly Father right where you are.
When it is well with your soul it wouldn’t matter whether it’s daytime or nighttime. It does not matter what time it is, whenever you get it right with your soul you will rest easy. When you are at rest you would see clearer. You would see the blueprint of your tomorrow being drawn up right there where you are.
God’s word says, “Come unto me all who are weary and I will give you rest.”  Tonight, I want you to find rest in the Lord. Sleep peacefully. God is watching over you. The light of God can flood out the darkness of your night. His light can make you anticipate a sweet tomorrow. Find rest my friend. The light comes on when your rest in Jesus. The Lord is the Christ who died for you. I love you with a sisterly love. God loves you unconditionally. 
~HortenseInspiration (DO IT FOR CHRIST)

* SHE SHALL STAND by Hortense Duarma Grimes (2010) available on Amazon and Kindle books
** Good Nite Nation records (August 2012) HortenseInspiration audio collection

Blessings and Peace,
Hortense Duarma Grimes
Servant of the Living God
Founder, Do It For Christ Ministries
Creator, HortenseInspiration Media
Dreambearer & Dreamcarrier, Solace Africa

Socialize with us on Internet platforms. Spend time at our Social Media Handlers
twitter: #HImotivat
Be encouraged, motivated and inspired: visit  www.doitforchrist.org (website temporarily down)

Writings and literary compilations on HortenseInspiration BLOG are owned by Hortense Duarma Grimes. Copyright © 2011-2020. Hortense D. Grimes. All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced in any form without written permission by the author  




No comments:

Post a Comment