Monday, November 16, 2020

Nah So It Be Oh

Let’s Talk Life—Yours and Mine—Laugh or Ponder. ~HortenseInspiration

My name is Hortense. Until I left my native country, Liberia, in 1988, I was the only person with my name in the whole country. WOW. That alone is a license for any undertaking. These days, I live in America. The United States has been my beloved and cherished home for the past thirty-three years. I absolutely love America. It is my base, from where I work to carry out the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Global Village that is earth, with an emphasis on Africa. I spend my days doing the Lord’s work in various ways; taking back territory for the Master. Time is running out. Jesus is coming soon. People get ready! Leave sin and live Godly lives. None is righteous but Christ grants you righteousness and makes you pure. You must embrace Salvation in Christ and Redemption by the Blood of Jesus.

What drives me: Love for the Lord and a desire to make Jesus proud that He chose me for Kingdom work (DO IT FOR CHRIST Ministries). What keeps me going: Passion for Christ; compassion for helping hurting people; being Passionate about prayer, because Prayer changes everything. What gets me started and moving: Commitment to the things of Almighty God and the things that matter to Almighty God. What satisfies me: Waking up every single morning determined to stand tall; resolute to allow nothing to drag me down with it. Tough little cookie. Firm but fair. Never a wishy-washy.

My wish for every day is this: I want to fall asleep at night knowing I have done my best to not wound another intentionally. Finding the humility to say I am sorry when needed. Wretched sinner I am. I try by God's grace. That's how God wants us to be. Imperfectly perfect. Likewise, you. Let’s keep striving to be good until we leave earth. One must make it your business to stand for the values you believe in, even if you have to walk alone on every trip life extends. It is your own life. Set your standards. And uphold your values. Godly standards. There is no substitute for morals and values. It matters to Jesus.

My Friend. Who are you to yourself? What drives you? What keeps you going? What gets you started and moving? What satisfies you? As you sit home tonight playback your answers for yourself. It is important that you define you. The times demand that you have a clear definition of yourself. Only then can you counter the world’s definition of and decision about you.

Introspect. Should you find you’ve lost your way a bit, retrace your steps. Get back on track. If there are areas where you’ve let yourself down, don’t worry and do not fret-frantic. Perk yourself up. Begin afresh tomorrow. I pray you would conclude it is your life and you can shape it. You can perfect life so it's not just a game for others. You should never be caught watching others play your life. I have discovered many, many people have become too weary to invest in themselves, because all their energy is divested elsewhere without a struggle. People just sit and let the agenda of others dominate their agenda. Your light bulb goes dim... dimmer... dull... and then, boom(!) OFF. There goes your shine. Suddenly. You counted yourself out of the equation. You did so while not paying attention to yourself.

Let me share one of my favorite Bible verses with you. This is what I call my stamina replacement medicine verse. "If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?" (Jeremiah 12:5 NIV). Think about this! Believe me, this passage of Scripture wake up the giant in me. It is an antidote whenever my chin wants to droop from life’s poisonous dosages. 

To wrap it all up, my dear friend. Hear me. Consider that you will have to answer for yourself on that day. One fine day, coming soon, you will be at one or the other judgment seat. You'll either be at the Judgment Seat of Christ or at The Great White Throne Judgment. Until then, do not let human beings wear you out. And don't you dare be so trusting in safe land no matter how plenty are the human beings. Jesus died for you and the Holy Spirit was sent to earth for you. In God’s book, everything is about you.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing is ever really what it seems. Every story has a story for the story of the story in the interest of the owner of the story. LAUGH OUT LOUD. I’m just trying to say, as far as people are concerned it is not about you. It is about them. Don’t take too long to figure this out. Nah so life be oh, my friend; nah so it be!* That's just the way life is my friend; such it is. 

Follow what you and God agree on when you pray and read the Bible. God's way or no way! Jesus Christ is the standard for all things. When you slip, get up quickly and go back to making Jesus Christ the standard for all things concerning life. I went all around just to tell you it's God's standard or none.


I just stopped by to shoot a little breeze with you. To let you know you are special and I love you with a sisterly love. Good night. Sweet sleep!!!

~Servant Hortense 

*Writing includes African vernacular and local jargon.


No comments:

Post a Comment