Monday, May 4, 2020

Like a Car Kind of Trust

My Friend. Do not let up on your prayer. Do not let loose your grip on prayer. Be more vigilant. Ask Jesus to keep you near the cross. Pray more. I wanted to write a note to you about unfailing trust in God despite the reality of the times we find ourselves in today. I thought of an earlier message I had written and shared in a Facebook post about trusting a car. Thankfully, I found it. I decided to share this with you. It was written one late night as I lay awake contemplating the loving grace and mercy of Almighty God. There I was a stranger in a West African country, on a mission being obedient to the calling of God. It taught me about simple faith. My friend, I had to learn to trust God like I would trust an automobile. I had to learn that obedience is better than sacrifice, and obedience is always about letting go and allowing Jesus Christ to take control. I had to learn the hard way that without faith it is impossible to please God. When I totally let go of my doubts and fears and allowed God to possess me and take complete control of my life, I was lifted to a higher level of faith and trust. Allow me to share this thought with you. May you rekindle your faith in the Lord. Almighty God is faithful and unfailing in His love for you. Place your entire faith, trust and confidence in the sufficiency of God. Jehovah El Shaddai. ~Hortense

MIDNIGHT THOUGHTS February 8, 2018 

I know I wore you out, oh car dearest. After 14.5 years and 249K miles you were getting tired with me. The feeling was mutual. You had served me well, dear vehicle. You did very well. I could trust Miss Betsalee-Borrowed, my 1999 dark green Honda Accord. All I had to do  was jump in, start the engine and off we went. You accompanied me to work daily. Commuting from Bowie, MD to Washington D.C. From Anne Arundel to Washington D.C. Tearing down BW Parkway onto New York Avenue and smacked into the madness of rush hour, defensive driving District of Columbia style. My dear Betsalee was there for me. Then came the avalanche and the many screaming, tears streaming down my face driving. Post-divorce. Miss Betsalee Borrowed had my back. Phase Two began. Sure enough there we were gliding along Crain Highway to North 210/Indian Head zooming to I-295 North and onto Maine Avenue, bang into rush hour traffic Washington D.C. fashion. Me and ole-faithful Betsalee-Borrowed on the road for hours at a time. Oh dear car, I wore you out. You were a gem of a vehicle. You transported me well.

Such was the trust I put in an automobile. Unquestionably placing my total confidence in her ability to get me where I was going. Any day. Anytime. All the time. A mere vehicle. Fuel and windshield fluid were all I knew how to handle. Auto shops did the rest. But I trusted that piece of equipment, mechanical invention, to take me everywhere. No destination was out of her reach. Rain or shine; sleet and snow; windy or calm. And Betsalee did not let her Mama down! We were a team. We travelled. 

My Friend. Can you rely on Jesus the same way? You are confident that a vehicle will take you safely. You get in the car, crank the engine and off you go. We take off. Foot on brakes. Foot on accelerator. Foot on brakes. Stop and go, go and stop, stop quickly, slow to a stop. Go. The cyclic pattern of a moving vehicle. What makes you sure it will move and stop when it should? Yet you trust. I trust. We trust a machine. You trust a crappy piece of metal, albeit polished to a shine, to get you to a destination. You place your life in a concoction of metal and plastic and steel and glass called a car. We trust the science of the process. 

How about, trusting God completely! How about, placing your full assurance in Jesus Christ! How about, trusting the Lord enough to just let go and let God! Blind trust is what you must have in the Lord. Let God lead. You just follow. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide your path. Trust in the Lord God with all your heart and all your soul and all your YOU. Trust Jehovah God with your life, your lifestyle, your livelihood. Just trust. Almighty God has got you fully and mightily covered. The Lord is able and can handle you quite well. Just believe and trust the Most High God your Heavenly Father.

It’s the Third Watch of the night in my part of the world. I am about to pray now. When it is Third watch for you tonight, wake up and pray. You need to stay on your prayer footing. Here's sending much love from my end. 
Blessings abundant.
~HortenseInspiration (DO IT FOR CHRIST)

Blessings and Peace,
Hortense Duarma Grimes
Servant of the Living God
Founder, Do It For Christ Ministries
Creator, HortenseInspiration Media
Dreambearer & Dreamcarrier, Solace Africa

Socialize with us on Internet platforms. Spend time at our Social Media Handlers
twitter: #HImotivat
Be inspired, encouraged and motivated. Visit  www.doitforchrist.org (website temporarily down)


Writings and literary compilations on HortenseInspiration BLOG are owned by Hortense Duarma Grimes. Copyright © 2011-2020. Hortense D. Grimes. All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced in any form without written permission by the author   

No comments:

Post a Comment